KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.
ENGINEERING: Electrical Test Engineer
The Junior Electrical Test Engineer will contribute toward company goals by working with the electrical engineering team, software engineering team, and other departments to fulfill the responsibilities of the Engineering department.
The candidate must be self-motivated, with a positive attitude, and have advanced written and verbal communication skills. The candidate must be able to create and manage projects, assign tasks to other team members or work individually to fulfill requirements and meet deadlines. The candidate must have an advanced understanding of mechatronics, mathematics, control systems, and simulation. Additionally, a basic understanding of electrical circuits and three-phase power is necessary.
These capabilities will be utilized in designing, developing, and maintaining test systems to validate the company product’s functionality. Finally, the candidate must possess strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to find the optimum solution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced math & science skills, including geometry, calculus, and physics
- Understanding of the Imperial and Metric systems of measurement
- Operational knowledge of test and measurement equipment
- Ability to think analytically
- Ability to make complex decisions
- Ability to follow instructions accurately
- Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to proficiently read and write in English
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others
- Possesses attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Ability to follow all company safety procedures
Specific Technical Skills (may be learned on the job)
- Advanced knowledge in software programming (specifically C#, Python, and IEC 61131)
- Experience with the use of repositories SVN and GIT
- Basic knowledge of mechanical drive systems
- Basic knowledge of power electronics and three-phase motors
- Ability to read and understand schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience using MATLAB for simulation and test conceptualization
- Experience using Redmine, Jira, Confluence
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Four-year professional degree, specifically B.S.E.E, B.S.M.E, or equivalent
- 3 to 8 years working as an engineer in a related field
- 0 to 8 years of work experience with a Master’s degree
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Educational assistance
- Growth opportunities
- And more!
Why KEB America?
KEB America is a leading manufacturer of industrial automation solutions. Product examples include electromechanical clutches and brakes, electric motors, VFDs, PLCs, and Motion Controllers. KEB works closely with our customers to design and program highly engineered products and systems. If you see yourself working with quality engineered products and like challenges, KEB is a great fit for you!
** Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.**