KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.
ENGINEERING: Engineering Design Drafter
KEB America, Inc. has an open opportunity to join our Engineering department as an Engineering Design Drafter. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining engineering CAD models, assemblies, drawings, and data within the company ERP system.
The Engineering Design Drafter will be challenged through diverse work on various products. Product configuration management will also play an important role in support of the engineering team.
There will be opportunities for:
- Design work pertaining to product validation and production of the devices.
- Detail-oriented work with an eye for accuracy, and good organizational skills.
- Self-motivation to look for solutions and improvements in the product configuration and design process.
- Working closely with the engineering team and other departments to complete tasks involving change management, product manufacturing, and labeling of devices.
- Act as a trainer for Solidworks in the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Creates, manages, and maintains CAD models, assemblies and drawings
- Creates and manages new materials within the company ERP system
- Manages and maintains bills of materials and material statuses
- Defines, analyzes, and implements changes for change management
- Designs validation fixtures, assemblies, and models for production
- Supports manufacturing of devices by having an in-depth understanding of how they go together.
- Supports engineering in the labeling of devices to support standards.
- Trains fellow colleagues in Solidworks
General Characteristics and Growth
The following points describe the job’s general characteristics and the expected growth areas the employee should expect.
- Applies detail-oriented, accurate, organizational skills to manage and maintain engineering CAD documents and data within the company ERP system.
- Follows engineering processes and assists in creating and maintaining existing and new processes.
- Develops an understanding of the design specifications and design standards (DIN. SAE. ANSI etc.)
- Acquires detailed knowledge of the products that are produced by the company.
- Supports new products with an in-depth understanding of how they are built and provides help to other departments.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 Year technical or associates degree with an emphasis on technical drawing or drafting
- Experience with production configuration management
- 3 to 8 years of work-related experience in a similar position
Licenses, Permits, and Certifications
- Solidworks certifications knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Advanced computer skills and basic math skills
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and do accurate work at a rapid pace
- Possesses proficient oral and written English communication skills to effectively express one’s point of view
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others
- Possesses attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task
- Ability to follow all safety rules
Specific Technical Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced understanding of SAP ERP system
- Advanced knowledge of Redmine project management system
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity of Solidworks CAD
- Advanced knowledge of SAP Engineering Control Center (ECTR)
* Some of these skills will be acquired as a result of the training program at KEB
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Educational assistance
- Growth opportunities
- And more!
Why KEB America?
KEB America is a leading manufacturer of industrial automation solutions. Product examples include electromechanical clutches and brakes, electric motors, VFDs, PLCs, and Motion Controllers. KEB works closely with our customers to design and program highly engineered products and systems. If you see yourself working with quality engineered products and like challenges, KEB is a great fit for you!
** Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.**