KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.
Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Apply and create using technology to monitor or control production and delivery of products. Design, program, simulate and test automated machinery and processes in order to complete exact tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency
- Design, install, or troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Design testing methods and test finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements.
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve products or reduce costs using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes.
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Incorporate new methods and processes to improve existing operations.
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks.
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs.
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering procedures.
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing
- Supervise technicians
- Follow safety rules and keep clean/orderly work area
Reports directly to the VP of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering or similar areas of study.
- 3+ years of experience using automation system design
- Programming experience (preferably C#)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Ability to communicate well to other members of the team
- Working knowledge of CAD and CAM systems
- Organizational and team leadership skills
- Basic math skills (standard and metric)
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Ability to follow work instructions accurately
- Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
- Ability to work well independently as well as with other
- Have attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to proficiently read and write in English
- Ability to follow all safety rules
- Ability to work independently without guidance
- Intermediate knowledge of machine operations
- Ability to read and understand a blueprint, tolerances, and drafting symbols related to machining
- Ability to write programs
- Ability to do machining problem solving
- Ability to work sedentary at a desk as well as on the production floor
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to lift, push, pull and sit as needed
- Some repetitive motions/tasks
- Production office environment
- Machinery noise
- May have exposure to dirt, dust, oil, water, vibration
** Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**