PRODUCTION: Forklift & Saw Operator ($1,500 Sign-on Bonus)
The 2nd shift Forklift and Saw Operator is responsible for cutting aluminum and steel bar stock to size and performing maintenance on the saw as needed. They will also spend most of their time on a high-lift swing reach forklift, picking orders, and keeping inventory. This position reports to the Logistics Manager.
The 2nd shift is 2:30 pm – 1:00 am from Mon-Thurs with the potential for overtime Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Operate swing reach forklift 85% of the time to retrieve and stow pallets
- Organize and maintain accurate inventory
- Replenishment of inventory
- Cycle counting
- Cut bar stock
- Maintain grease points on saw
- Fill and change coolant tank
- Change saw blades
- Clean saw auger
- Assist in shipping/ receiving and stocking when necessary
- Follow safety rules and keep a clean/orderly work area
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
For production hiring, there is a $1,500 sign-on bonus. After being hired, $750 to be paid at six months / $750 to be paid at 1 Year. Non-agency / direct-hire candidates are eligible.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills (standard and metric)
- Ability to follow work instructions accurately
- Ability to do accurate work at a rapid pace
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (written and verbal)
- Ability to work well independently as well as with others
- Have attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to proficiently read and write in English
- Ability to follow all safety rules
- Ability to count various items with a high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of packing, shipping, and receiving methods
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit the majority of the day
- Ability to walk, lift, push, pull, bend, and sit as needed
- Demonstrate proper lifting techniques
Education and Licenses
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, certifications, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certification (preferred)
The working conditions described here represent those an employee may be exposed to while performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Climate controlled
- Industrial setting
- Brightly lit
- Dirt, grease, oil, and metal shavings from machinery
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) and match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Health saving account (HSA)
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and long-term insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Educational assistance
- Growth opportunities
- And more!