KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.
INTERNSHIP: Software Design Engineer Intern
KEB AMERICA, Inc., a growing global manufacturer of automation and motion control products, is currently seeking a student for a position as a Software Design Intern.
KEB has an exciting opportunity to learn and grow in our Engineering Department. As a Software Design Engineer Intern you will acquire knowledge and develop skills, while working on projects with the Software Engineering Team. This position will assist with the test and validation process via test system software development and testing.
Responsibilities may include:
- Test and verification of software functionality
- Development and testing of new validation software based on specifications
- Documentation and modeling of new software functions
- Modifying and refactoring existing software
- Ability to follow code execution and identify the resulting functionality
Education / Experience:
- Enrolled in a professional degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or related field with a GPA >= 3.0
- C programming experience
- Python programming experience
- Experience with embedded system design
- Experience with file repositories such as Git
Specific Technical Skills (May be learned on the job):
- Familiarization with industrial programming language IEC 61131-3
- Programming Languages: C, C#, Python, and scripting
- Confluence, Jira
- Familiarization with UML
- Basic understanding of variable speed drives and control systems
- Embedded systems