The F5 COMBIVERT drive is designed to handle the most difficult applications worldwide and is available up to 1,200 Hp. The F5 platform is extremely flexible and offers configurable safety options, heatsinks, encoder interfaces, and communication ports.
COMBIVERT F5 Inverter
The COMBIVERT F5 control card is available in three different performance/feature levels to match application requirements: Basic, Compact, and Application
Available in 230, 480, and 690 VAC classes through 1,200 Hp.
Modular communication operator concept for ultimate flexibility – Supports EtherNet/IP, ProfiNet, Modbus, EtherCAT, Powerlink, DeviceNet, CAN, Sercos, and Interbus.
High Speed outputs – Up to 2000Hz output for running high speed, high-frequency motors
F5 encoders cards are dual-channel with different input and output options. Different versions are available to support different formats, including Incremental TTL/HTL, Resolver, BiSS, EnDAT, and Hiperface.
The F5 VFD can run with carrier frequencies up to 16kHz and automatically derates if needed.
• Power Range: Up to 1200HP
• Input Voltage Class: 230, 480,690 VAC Classes
• Overload (30 seconds): Varies by unit. In general, 150%
• Rated Switching Frequency: 2 – 16kHz, varies by unit
• Maximum Switching Frequency: 16kHz with derate
• Cooling Type: Flat back, Fan, Liquid Cooled, Push Through
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Rated Altitude: 1000m with derate possible
• Motor Types: Induction, PM Servo, Linear, Torque
• Motor Control: V/Hz, SMM, field-orientated with encoder, ASCL, SCL
• Control Types: Velocity, Position, Torque, Homing
• Internal Positioning: Yes. 32-bit register
The following communication interfaces are available:
• Serial, RS232/485 (DIN 66019-II)
• Modbus TCP
• Ethernet TCP/IP
The following feedback devices are supported:
• EnDAT 2.1
• EnDAT 2.2
Dual-channel SIL3-rated Safe-Torque-Off (STO) inputs are available as an option.
The following heatsink options are available:
• Air-cooled (fan)
• Push through
Backmount braking resistors can be included through the G housing size. This option reduces the panel footprint.
Backmount EMI filters can be included through the H housing size. This option reduces the panel footprint.