KEB’s EtherCAT drives are ideal for machine builders who serve the global market. The drives feature control loops with a 62μSec update rate. This allows precise motor control for motion control applications. Motor types include induction motors, AC servo motors, synchronous reluctance motors, and linear motors.
• Next generation KEB drives feature control loops with a 62-microsecond update rate. This allows extremely precise motor control for motion control applications.
• The drives also have a dual channel, multi-format encoder interface. This allows KEB drives to run a wide variety of different motor types including induction motors, AC servo motors, synchronous reluctance motors, and linear motors.
Scalable - All Voltage Classes
• KEB’s EtherCAT drives are ideal for machine builders who serve the global market.
• BLDC and Stepper motors can be run with KEB’s EtherCAT Stepper Module.
• KEB offers dedicated 200-230Vac and 400-480Vac drives that are scalable to large powers. Additionally, single-phase inputs are available.
Safety over EtherCAT (FSoE)
• All 6th generation drives from KEB offer Safety over EtherCAT (FSoE) as an optional feature.
• FSoE allows Safe Drive functions – like Safe Torque Off and Safe Limited Speed – to be handled over the SIL3 rated bus protocol.
• Safety over EtherCAT reduces the amount of discrete wiring going in and out of the cabinet. This simplifies wiring, shortens installation times, and increases troubleshooting capabilities.
EtherCAT Servo Drive
• Dynamic AC servo applications are best handled with the COMBIVERT S6 EtherCAT servo drive. The S6 offers an integrated 24VDC braking control and dual channel encoder interface.
• The drive features a 250% current overload for dynamic motion profiles. The S6 is capable of up to 16kHz switching frequency for noise-critical theatre applications and the operation of high-speed spindle motors.
• The KEB S6 has a number of different integrated functional safety options including Safe-Torque-Off and Failsafe-over-EtherCAT (FSoE).
COMBIVERT H6 Multi-axis Drive
• The COMBIVERT H6 is a shared DC bus drive that offers scalable drive modules. The H6 series includes an AFE module allows it to line regen. This makes the H6 popular for multi-axis regenerative applications like Winders, Hoists, and renewable energy.
• The H6 offers dual output modules that can run 2 independent motors for increased compactness and density. All modules communicate with EtherCAT and motors are controlled with DS402 profiles.
• Air-cooled and Liquid-cooled heatsinks are available. The compact size with high overloads makes it ideal for difficult applications like Injection Molding machines.
Large Power EtherCAT VFDs
• The KEB COMBIVERT F6-K EtherCAT VFD is the best choice for high-performance machines requiring large power drives like extruders, machine tools, or test stands
• The units can be offered in a variety of different heatsinks (air cooled, liquid cooled) and carry through 900kW.
Open Loop EtherCAT VFDs
• Open Loop EtherCAT VFDs can be used to connect a basic motor axis to the EtherCAT master
• Basic VFD control can be achieved cost-effectively with the KEB COMBIVERT G6 Open Loop VFD
• This drive platform is offered up to 40hp and in both 208-230V and 480V classes. It has single-phase input options and includes Safe-Torque-Off (STO)
Let KEB Drive Technology take your machine to the next level
KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.