KEB’s EtherCAT drives are ideal for machine builders who serve the global market. The drives feature control loops with a 62-microsecond update rate. This allows precise motor control for motion control applications. Motor types include induction motors, AC servo motors, synchronous reluctance motors, and linear motors.
• Next generation KEB drives feature control loops with a 62-microsecond update rate. This allows extremely precise motor control for motion control applications.
• The drives also have a dual channel, multi-format encoder interface. This allows KEB drives to run a wide variety of different motor types including induction motors, AC servo motors, synchronous reluctance motors, and linear motors.
Scalable - All Voltage Classes
• KEB’s EtherCAT drives are ideal for machine builders who serve the global market.
• BLDC and Stepper motors can be run with KEB’s EtherCAT Stepper Module.
• KEB offers dedicated 200-230Vac and 400-480Vac drives that are scalable to large powers. Additionally, single-phase inputs are available.
Failsafe over EtherCAT (FSoE)
• All 6th generation drives from KEB offer Failsafe over EtherCAT (FSoE) as an optional feature.
• FSoE allows Safe Drive functions – like Safe Torque Off and Safe Limited Speed – to be handled over the SIL3 rated bus protocol.
• FSoE reduces the amount of discrete wiring going in and out of the cabinet. This simplifies wiring, shortens installation times, and increases troubleshooting capabilities.
EtherCAT Servo Drive
• Dynamic AC servo applications are best handled with the COMBIVERT S6 EtherCAT servo drive. The S6 offers an integrated 24VDC braking control and dual channel encoder interface.
• The drive features a 250% current overload for dynamic motion profiles. The S6 is capable of up to 16kHz switching frequency for noise-critical theatre applications and the operation of high-speed spindle motors.
• The KEB S6 has a number of different integrated functional safety options including Safe-Torque-Off and Failsafe-over-EtherCAT (FSoE).
COMBIVERT H6 Multi-axis Drive
• The COMBIVERT H6 is a shared DC bus drive that offers scalable drive modules. The H6 series includes an AFE module allows it to line regen. This makes the H6 popular for multi-axis regenerative applications like Winders, Hoists, and renewable energy.
• The H6 offers dual output modules that can run 2 independent motors for increased compactness and density. All modules communicate with EtherCAT and motors are controlled with DS402 profiles.
• Air-cooled and Liquid-cooled heatsinks are available. The compact size with high overloads makes it ideal for difficult applications like Injection Molding machines.
Large Power EtherCAT VFDs
• The KEB COMBIVERT F6-K EtherCAT VFD is the best choice for high-performance machines requiring large power drives like extruders, machine tools, or test stands
• The units can be offered in a variety of different heatsinks (air cooled, liquid cooled) and carry through 900kW.
Open Loop EtherCAT VFDs
• Open Loop EtherCAT VFDs can be used to connect a basic motor axis to the EtherCAT master
• Basic VFD control can be achieved cost-effectively with the KEB COMBIVERT G6 Open Loop VFD
• This drive platform is offered up to 40hp and in both 208-230V and 480V classes. It has single-phase input options and includes Safe-Torque-Off (STO)
KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.