KEB introduced the Sensorless Closed Loop™ (SCL) motor control in 2005. SCL works by using a very accurate motor model with a calculated rotor position module. KEB has advanced this unique technology to now do point-point positioning using a PM motor without an encoder or resolver feedback.
SCL Encoderless Positioning
• Since 1995, KEB drives have included a powerful 32-bit positioning module.
• This has enabled KEB to excel in decentralized single-axis positioning applications.
Sensorless Closed Loop™ (SCL) Motor Control
• KEB introduced Sensorless Closed Loop™ motor control in 2005. It was revolutionary then and the technology still stands apart today.
• SCL works by using a very accurate motor model with a calculated rotor position module.
No Feedback Needed
There are many motivations for removing the feedback device and cable such as cost of encoder/cabling, potential failure of encoder parts, extreme ambient environments, shock and vibration etc.
• The KEB drive product line-up has communication options for Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT, Powerlink, and ProfiNet.
• Sensorless Closed Loop™ (SCL) comes standard with all newer x6 generation KEB drives.
• SCL uses standard drive hardware and is software selectable. The drives feature a number of different homing options that can be configured for the application.
• The drives feature a number of different homing options that can be configured for the application
KEB has helped our customers solve many automation challenges. Let’s discuss your challenges and goals and see how we can help.