KEB’s S6 Servo Drive is ideal for high-performance servo applications requiring real-time communication, advanced SIL3 safety functionality, and integrated brake control. EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, Profinet, and Powerlink communication are supported from the same hardware.
COMBIVERT S6 Servo Drive
The COMBIVERT S6 servo drive offers real-time EtherCAT communication. Other ethernet-based communication formats supported are EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP, ProfiNet IRT, Powerlink, and VARAN.
The S6 is narrow with a compact footprint, allowing the drives to be closely mounted together. Housing 2 (up to 2.2kW) is only 50mm wide while housing 4 (up to 7.5kW) is only 90mm wide.
As standard, the S6 includes SIL3 Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) functionality. Extra safety functionality according to ISO 13849 is available, including SS1, SS2, SOS, SLS, SLP, SLI, SDI, SSM. Failsafe over EtherCAT (FSoE) is also available.
Includes an integrated brake output – rated for 2 Amps @ 24VDC.
The S6 servo drive is extremely flexible when it comes to feedback devices. The interface is dual-channel allowing configuration as input or output. Many formats are supported including Incremental TTL/HTL, Resolver, EnDAT 2.1, EnDAT 2.2, Hiperface, and BiSS.
The S6 EtherCAT Servo Drive uses the CiA 402 motion control profile and has an internal 32-bit positioning module for single-axis motion control applications.
• Power Range: Up to 5.5kW (Larger sizes should use the F6-K)
• Input Voltage Range: 184 … 528VAC
• Overload, 3 seconds: 250%
• Overload, 60 seconds: 200%
• Rated Switching Frequency: 8kHz
• Max. Switching Frequency: 16kHz with derate
• Cooling Type: Fan
• Certifications: cULus, CE
• Motor Types: Induction, PM Servo, Linear, Torque
• Motor Control: V/Hz, SMM, field-orientated with encoder, ASCL, SCL
• Control Types: Velocity, Position, Torque, Homing
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Rated Altitude: 1000m with derating up to 2000m
EtherCAT communication is supplied as standard.
Optional communication interfaces are:
• Modbus TCP/IPPowerlink
• Profinet IRT
• CAN (included on all units)
Encoder Interfaces (Compact/Application card): Dual-channel supports TTL, HTL, Resolver, BiSS, EnDat 2.1, Hiperface, SSI.
The second channel can be software-selected as an Incremental Output.
Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) are offered standard.
Optional “Module 3” safety functionality is available, including:
• SS1 – Safe Stop 1
• SS2 – Safe Stop 2
• SOS – Safe Operating Stop
• SLS – Safely-Limited Speed
• SLP – Safely-Limited Position
• SLI – Safely-Limited Increment
• SDI – Safe Direction
• SSM – Safe Speed Monitoring