KEB’s COMBIVERT S6 servo drive is ideal for high performance servo applications requiring realtime communication, advanced SIL3 safety functionality, and integrated brake control. EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Profinet, and Powerlink communication is supported from the same hardware.
COMBIVERT S6 Servo Drive
The COMBIVERT S6 servo drive offers realtime EtherCAT communication. Other ethernet-based communication formats supported are EtherNet/IP, ProfiNet IRT, Powerlink, and VARAN.
The S6 is narrow with a compact footprint, allowing the drives to be closely mounted together. Housing 2 (up to 2.2kW) is only 50mm wide while housing 4 (up to 7.5kW) is only 90mm wide.
As standard, the S6 includes SIL3 Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) functionality. Extra safety functionality according to ISO 13849 is available, including: SS1, SS2, SOS, SLS, SLP, SLI, SDI, SSM. Failsafe over EtherCAT (FSoE) is also avilable.
Includes an integrated brake output – rated for 2 Amps @ 24VDC.
The S6 servo drive is extremely flexible when it comes to feedback devices. The interface is dual channel allowing configuration as input or output. Many formats are supported including: Incremental TTL/HTL, Resolver, EnDAT 2.1, EnDAT 2.2, Hiperface, and BiSS.
The S6 EtherCAT Servo Drive uses the CiA 402 motion control profile and has an internal 32-bit positioning module for single-axis motion control applications.
• Power Range: Up to 5.5kW (Larger sizes should use the F6-K)
• Input Voltage Range: 184 … 528VAC
• Overload, 3 seconds: 250%
• Overload, 60 seconds: 200%
• Rated Switching Frequency: 8kHz
• Max. Switching Frequency: 16kHz with derate
• Cooling Type: Fan
• Certifications: cULus, CE
• Motor Types: Induction, PM Servo, Linear, Torque
• Motor Control: V/Hz, SMM™, field-orientated with encoder, ASCL™, SCL™
• Control Types: Velocity, Position, Torque, Homing
• Protection Rating: IP20
• Rated Altitude: 1000m with derate up to 2000m
EtherCAT communication is supplied as standard.
Optional communication interfaces are:
• Profinet IRT
• CAN (included on all units)
Encoder Interfaces (Compact/Application card): Dual-channel supports TTL, HTL, Resolver, BiSS, EnDat 2.1, Hiperface, SSI.
Second channel can be software-selected as an Incremental Output.
Safe-Torque-Off (STO) and Safe-Brake-Control (SBC) are offered standard.
Optional “Module 3” safety functionality is available, including:
• SS1 – Safe Stop 1
• SS2 – Safe Stop 2
• SOS – Safe Operating Stop
• SLS – Safely-Limited Speed
• SLP – Safely-Limited Position
• SLI – Safely-Limited Increment
• SDI – Safe Direction
• SSM – Safe Speed Monitoring